At RCE we pride ourselves on making everyone feel welcome – whether they’re new to the sport or have been riding for years, male or female, racing snake or "fat lad (or lass) at the back", have a budget of £500 or £5000.
The cycling world can be baffling with it’s own language and technical terms. We cut through the jargon and clearly explain what you need to know to choose the bike that’s right for you. If you're not sure about something, just ask - there are no stupid questions.
When you come to RCE for a new bike here is what you can expect:
- Ask about the type of cycling you’ve done, what you’re planning, and how much you want to spend.
- Discuss with you any preferences you have around brands, types of bike or particular components
- Recommend the best size of bike for you based on your height and physique.
- Either recommend bikes from our current stock, or try to source the perfect bike if it’s not something we have at the moment. We’ll explain why we’ve made our recommendations.
- Ideally we’ll set you up for a test ride, but if you can’t make it to the shop we’ll send as many photos and details as you need to make a decision remotely
- Explain our warranty and returns process to give you complete peace of mind about your purchase.
We won’t …
- Make you feel uncomfortable if you are relatively new to the world of cycling and need an extra bit of help and advice
- Upsell you to a more expensive bike if we don’t think it’s necessary
- Try to sell you a bike that doesn’t fit or is likely to be uncomfortable just because we have it in stock
The RCE model lets you upgrade your bike easily as your cycling obsession grows. We pride ourselves on our customer service and want you to come back to us so if you have a good experience – tell your friends. If you have a problem – tell us. Check our TrustPilot reviews for independent feedback.
Road Cycle Exchange – the bike of your dreams at a price you can afford.